Demand better for our communities!
We believe that everyone should be able to afford a place to live in a safe, clean, and friendly neighbourhood.
The Conservative government has continously cut police budgets, leading to a rise in violent crime, and Weston residents are becoming increasingly vulnerable and unsafe.
We believe that a fair society must tackle crime effectively, both by preventing crime and by ensuring people feel safe. Fighting crime is a crucial part of achieving social justice, as it is the poorest and most vulnerable who suffer most from crime and benefit most from good policing.
Brexit will also make it more difficult to combat crime, by taking us out of the European Arrest Warrant and Europol, as well as costing our country billions of pounds and taking up years of government time, all that could be better spent on supporting our police officers and making our communities safer.
The Liberal Democrats will:
1. Provide funding for 2 new Police Officers for every ward in Weston
2. Encourage the police to work in paternship with youth, educational and health services, in order to tackle the rise of knife crime.
3. Fund additional resources to end youth violence, including promoting diversionary schemes and building genuinely innovative and engaging youth services.
4. Decriminalise and regulate Cannabis, therefore depriving criminals of the revenue from it's sale, and allowing our police officers to focus on other more serious crimes.
5. Extending Community Safety Funds to invest in communities, and ensure that people feel safer and can lead their own lives free from fear.
We will give our police officers the recourses they need to tackle crime, and to keep our families and our neighbours safe.
Do you agree? If so, join our campaign!